Typing Tests Help
How to use tests
- A story is broken to several parts. Each part is accessible through a link on the right side or below the test.
- One or several consecutive parts can be selected and typed without stopping. Below the "stop test" button is a box with default "1". This box allows to select more than one part to type. Type in the box how many parts to display, after that select starting part/chapter on the right, then click the "start test" button. Selected parts will be highlighted in yellow and a current part in orange. If "3" is typed into the box, and on the right part "2" is selected then three parts "2","3","4" of text will be displayed as they are typed. After all three parts are typed, test will stop and display results.
- Timing of a test begins when a key is pressed. Clicking "start test" button does not start the time. It clears the typing area, transfers focus there, and resets test to the beginning.
- Timing of a test ends when last character is typed correctly. Click the "stop test" button only to stop a test before entire text is typed and view results. Although, results are not recorded if only part of text is typed.
- Results are recorded only if all selected text is typed.
- Results can be reset to "0" for any story by clicking a check box in its row and then clicking "reset" at the top of the table. The option "all" will select all stories.
How are results saved
- Results are saved on your computer as a cookie. Cookies must be enabled in the browser. Each browser maintains its own cookies; in other words, IE's cookies don't match Chrome's cookies. If cookies are deleted, so are results. If the browser's cookies limit is exceeded, table with results will not work, and the browser's cookies must be deleted for it to work.
- If there are several users on one computer, then results reflect all of them unless results are reset.
- To track tests' results correctly, use only one browser for tests.
If results are not recorded
- Cookies must be enabled to record results.
- Browser's cookies limit may be acceded. Then, browser's cookies must be deleted for the results to be recorded.
- All selected parts must be typed for the results to be recorded.
- Results are deleted if browser's cookies are deleted.
- You switched browsers.